4.28.2010

coffeeeee

lot's o' coffee for the mama today.
because my kid woke me up last night.
because he had a nightmare about 'rolly pollies'. "ones that bite. nasty ones. that bite all the way".
so i woke up to screams of "help me! hellllppp me!"
which is what every parent wants to be jolted out of sleep to.
so i dash upstairs. sure to find riley a bloody mess because he fell out of bed.
or maybe trapped between the bed and the wall.
thankfully, such was not the case.
twas a nightmare about rolly pollies. whatever the f those are.
i assured him that he was safe from the rolly pollies (hopefully, since i'm not quite sure what they are. or how to stop their biting)
regardless, he requested my presence at the top of the stairs until he fell back asleep.
i proceeded to descend the stairs after a few minutes (mostly because i'm an awesome mom. partly because i loveeee sleep) only to step on a damn creaky step. foiled!
so that was my night.

and now i need coffee.
and lots of it.
me thinks jesus invented coffee to ward off the devil (aka early morning)

2 comments:

  1. Nightmares can be so creative! At the age of 3, I once woke my parents up to save me from a sucking-up toad. To this day, I remember every detail about that nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will totally be on the lookout for rolly pollies now. They sound awful! :)

    ReplyDelete