1.11.2010

the one with the exhaustion

Miss Macie has been a crab all day. Just a crab. No smiles. Just glares. She's still a champ at the sleeping. She'll go from 10 or 11 pm until somewhere between 5-7 am. Jealous much? So what's with the crabbiness? Who knows. Riley was an awesome sleeper, too. When Macie was born I was in a panic trying desperately to remember how we got Riley on the "sleep schedule from Jesus". But alas, I have forgotten all but the important things, like the time he pooped all over me. Priorities, right? So we just went with the flow. Those first couple weeks were hell. She slept in 20 minute increments. Plus, the only place she wanted to sleep was on one of our chests. Not cool. At all. I am not someone who can function on little sleep. I need a lot of sleep. Always have. So this was my main concern (after her health and all that stuff). And..miraculously she is a good sleeper. (I'm probably jinxing this as I type). Riley, not so much. The 10 week old sleeps through the night. But the 3 year old is up every night between 12:30 and 1:30. Like clockwork. Or at least he was. After wearily taking him back to bed and cursing under my breath every.stinking.night I decided to do what every good parent does. Bribe my child. Because my displeasure clearly was not fazing him in the least. "Oh, this makes you mad? I'll do it more". On top of waking up (and waking me up), he would attempt (and often succeed) to make himself throw up. Charming, I know. So anyway, I bribed him with stickers. 5 stickers=a prize from Target. And who doesn't love Target? (We're not friends if you don't). Amazingly (NOT) he hasn't gotten out of bed at night since. The little booger is tricky. Every morning he comes down to announce that he gets another sticker. He played me good.

No comments:

Post a Comment